Charles River Analytics prides itself on a culture of empathy, collaboration, and diverse viewpoints that can break down boundaries and expand the limits of creative thinking. In alignment with our core practices of transparency and accountability, we are updating our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) and prioritizing time bounded, DEI-related goals throughout all levels of the organization.
We recognize that Charles River does not currently have sufficient diversity represented throughout our community, nor in our leadership. We commit to addressing this weakness through the following goals that will guide our overall DEI efforts:
- We will build and sustain our culture, which embraces and celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion throughout our organization.
- We will pursue staff growth that explicitly recruits, retains, and promotes a more diverse staff.
- We will integrate diversity, equity, and inclusion into the execution of our technical work.
Immediate actions being implemented to support these goals include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting growth of our “corporate consciousness” to address challenges we face as individuals operating within our corporate collective and our larger business community
- Designing and implementing best practices, processes, and approaches to promote an inclusive environment for all employees
- Identifying and developing programs and training initiatives that regularly prioritize discussion around key DEI issues
- Removing barriers in our recruiting process and expanding our recruiting pipelines to engage with targeted institutions serving women and people of color, including Women’s Colleges, Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Hispanic-Serving Institutions (HSIs)
- Formalizing employee-led employee resource groups (ERGs) to support our overall commitment and vision of inclusion and diversity at Charles River
At Charles River, we want to build and maintain a fully inclusive work environment that affords equitable opportunity to each employee-owner. We believe we will thrive by expanding and honoring diversity throughout our community.
“Tightly integrated DEI practices are essential for our growth and maturity as a company,” said Karen Harper, President of Charles River Analytics. “For more than three decades, we’ve developed solutions to the most challenging problems while continuing to grow, both financially and culturally. The critical element of this success story has been our employees, and we’re committed to constantly improving our work environment and corporate culture so that each of our 200+ employee-owners are able to do the best work they can do. This includes creating an environment where our people, our most important asset, can express their full lived experience and diverse perspectives to enhance the work we do together.”
To learn more about Charles River’s Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion commitment and goals, please visit our DEI page.